Sunday, June 28, 2009

Celebrating Pride, Celebrating Love, Celebrating Life!



Some photos, thoughts and Flickr pics I'm reflecting upon today. I shouldn't get this personal, but in a way, Gay Pride Day is like a religious holy day and must be celebrated in a personal as well as communal way.


On the left are three pictures taken of a wedding (mine) in Oct, 1998. It was a BIG gay wedding. So much so, in fact, that it was used as a video backdrop during an election! That's Patricia Nell Warren (center, top) reading from her book,
The Front Runner. The cake was cut in a reception for 160+ people at the Green Room of the War Memorial Building. That was light years ago. The man I married is now my "ex" and I'm now his caregiver (cancer). He has a wonderful, helping partner.

Love changes, mutates, evolves.

Happy Gay Pride Day!!


No comments: